Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm a Dreamer

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one." - John Lennon

Photobucket

Thirty years ago today John Lennon was assassinated. I can't imagine not paying tribute in one form or another to the man, the icon that he was. If ever a man believed in dreams...

I'm a dreamer. I'm also a writer who knows when to give the proverbial nod to another, whose words encapsulate whatever I might have said. Please visit (click-->) Glass Cases for an enjoyable tribute we can all take something away from.



Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
-Imagine by John Lennon

Picture from here

24 comments:

  1. Yes Indigo....I am imagining. I wish the words of the song could be realised ...one day.

    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, sister! I will go check out the link now.

    Remembering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Lennon was a very talented and thoughtful person. I love the lyrics to Imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a classic. Forever more. Engaging and thought provoking.

    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is/was no greater song writer.

    Wonderful tribute to a very special man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I've found you again at last. I love the lyrics to that song, very touching. Laine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always am imagining... somehow, this song always brings thoughts of my Mother to the fore...

    Digging the redesign!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I just played this song a few weeks ago to the students in my classroom. It worked with a unit we were doing. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sitting here watching the wheels go round and round...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great link! it has great wisdom for all of us artist or not...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love him. So much. What a gentle, thoughtful, kind renegade he was. The world needs more of his kind - in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was in NYC that night in 1980 and like so many others after hearing the news was drawn to the crime scene at the Dakota simply because I did not know what else to do. No Internet then, no live feed, no talking heads just confusion and loss.

    Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the few times I saw my mother cry was on this day, the day he was killed.

    much love to you!!!!
    xox
    g

    ReplyDelete
  14. Powerful, Indigo. Thank you.

    And I've been there before, left with nothing to say because someone already said it far more fully and eloquently than I could.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that song, and still mourn his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh. Thirty years ago. I can fly back in time and remember where I was, what the scene looked like, when we heard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He was such a visionary and died way too soon. I still mourn his loss to the song-writing community.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely. I adore the soft snowfall on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thinking of those words this Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving my silence a voice, my muse your words, and taking the time to discover my prose.