Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mish Mash with a Touch of Mischief

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." ~ Rosalia de Castro

Facebook-New-Crap-Profile-vectorash ASometime last year I decided I was done with Facebook, com-put, infinito...
Kinda felt like this logo would have been justified. Time marches on and as is my right, I changed my mind and decided to give Facebook another chance, reluctantly may I add. Probably why the logo on my sidebar looks like it was peeled off and put back haphazardly.

I know, I know another social media time suck added to my otherwise already full days. The thing is 140 words (Twitter) or a small update on Facebook, are still words. Words in any form will always be an outlet. Hence my Twitter and Facebook presence, words no matter how few are still words to fill my writers thirst. I'd love to catch up with you in one of those formats.

In other news -the pups are growing all too quickly. This past Tuesday they both went in to get fixed. The idea being, they would both go through the week separation from one another at the same time, while they healed. Plans have a way of backfiring on me (as in things never, ever go the way they're supposed to). Yazhi and Bjarki are tied at the hips, almost inseparable. You would think I'm worse torture to them right now than the surgery they just went through. So yeah, my plate these days is definitely overflowing.

To make up for my missing presence here, I've put together a little Bjarki satire. Enjoy!

020 A
Yazhi - I love you so much Bjarki!
Bjarki - I guess so, you're kind'a holding me hostage. Oh shucks,
I love you too!
025-1 A
Sigh...I hate this thing. So BORED...
027-1 A
No pictures Mooommmm...this is embarrasing, I look like a freaking Martian.
028 A
Fine! I'm not going to open my eyes, nope, I'm not.
030 A
Okkkayyy....How's this? Close enough.
Me- You look like you're trying to inhale the camera you nut.
031 A
How about this, all eyes, no nose, BIG eyes, we good yet?
Me - (Laughing) I kind of need a shot of your whole head big guy, 
then I promise we're done.
032 A
This is it, last picture, then I'm going to go hide until this stupid thing comes off!
Me - Perfect! Could of used a slightly bigger smile, but ya know, Martians are
awfully cranky creatures. ; ) 
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I took a break from FB in July and again for most of August. It was blissful to be away. I've found now that I'm back that my time there isn't as floaty, if that makes sense.

    Your dogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Are we facebook friends???? I'll come find you :) Miss you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very cute Martian!! :)

    I still haven't joined FB yet. If I ever get a book out and about in the world, I might join then. Maybe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo feel free to shoot me a friend request
    Chris Mcqueeney

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha hahahaha dog looks like a radar antenna. fb love it or hate it at times you just got to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Your hands (and arms) are certainly full! After reading the previous story about the pillow and the underwear, a lampshade on the head seems apprapoe!Sending loving thoughts your way today, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are priceless! Cooper is nodding in sympathy. He went through the operation, but avoided the cone of shame (not sure where I picked that term up - I think it is from one of the cartoons my kids watch, LOL!). I hope everything gets back to a more normal state soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are giving FB another try, I just sent you a friend request.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I resisted FB for so long but finally gave in last year or so. And then I felt like I'd never get comfortable with it, but finally did that too. Now most of my blog's traffic seems to come from FB so I guess I am going to have to at least admit it has purpose of some sort.

    Cute pups :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny pictures and the captions are hysterical.
    Yeah, I feel the same way about Facebook, yet I remain there. It does have its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! They're so frickin cute! I've been lucky in my life filled with dogs that we've had yet to need to use a cone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to reconnect with you there! FB is what you want it to be. You can spend as much or as little time on there as you want to. But please DO join us for The Walking Dead discussions...!

    The puppies are so adorable. What cute little faces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I realise how much FB and Twitter can be time-wasters, but they are also great ways to (re)connect. Hope to see you there (again).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those photos are ridiculous amounts of cute!! FB takes up way too much of my life, I need to get rid of it too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving my silence a voice, my muse your words, and taking the time to discover my prose.